From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ed Marquette
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:24 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: jaws 15 and windows 8.1

Been using Windows 8 for over a year. I'm hesitant to go to Windows 8.1. I
suppose if it is already loaded, that might be OK.
I've heard too many people, however, who have tried to update their systems
from Windows 8 to 8.1 only to find that they had to install all their
software all over again.
I cannot afford that kind of disaster.
As far as Windows 8 is concerned, unless you are a Start Menu junkie, I have
seen little difference. In fact, there seem to be more truly functional
keyboard commands.
If you operate from your desktop mostly (and I do), then the transition from
XP shouldn't be a big deal. Do check around for podcasts on the subject.
There is a particularly good one from, I think, Vision Australia, but I'm
going from memory, and I listened to it about a year ago.