Re: jaws 15 and windows 8.1

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I agree. I'm not sure why allot of people are so unhappy with windows8. Its nice and the new settings pains and the new refresh and reset options are just to our advantage.

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Dec 2013, at 6:23 AM, "Ed Marquette" <marquette.ed@...> wrote:

Been using Windows 8 for over a year. I'm hesitant to go to
Windows 8.1. I suppose if it is already loaded, that might be OK.
I've heard too many people, however, who have tried to update
their systems from Windows 8 to 8.1 only to find that they had to
install all their software all over again.
I cannot afford that kind of disaster.
As far as Windows 8 is concerned, unless you are a Start Menu
junkie, I have seen little difference. In fact, there seem to be
more truly functional keyboard commands.
If you operate from your desktop mostly (and I do), then the
transition from XP shouldn't be a big deal. Do check around for
podcasts on the subject. There is a particularly good one from, I
think, Vision Australia, but I'm going from memory, and I listened
to it about a year ago.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of
louise peyton
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 7:14 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: jaws 15 and windows 8.1

Hi, listers:
I use Jaws 15 and plan to ditch Windows xp soon. How well does
Jaws 15 work with Windows 8.1? I'm wondering about how much of a
learning curve there is with version 15 and Windows 8.1. Should I
move up to Windows 8.1 or go instead with Windows 7? I need and
appreciate your input. Thanks.
Louise Peyton