From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Peter Tighe
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:21 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Laptop purchasing advice

Allison,

I think you are getting some very good advice on this thread!

I would add the following ideas.
1. I lean toward Lenovo

2. 8 gigs of ram would be best but checking on Amazon quickly, I don't find
too many laptops with that much ram.

6 gigs might be acceptable, but 4 gigs of ram is definitely not enough.

3.

Processor speed and type, I think is very important.
I think you should get an I5 rather than an I3.
4.

Mor important, I think the processor speed should be no less than 2.5 GHZ

It seems to me that each new version of Jaws, Kurzweil, Openbook and
Microsoft office is more resource intensive.
That's why you need a good fast processor speed. While you ar making a new

investment, you may as well get enough horse power to pull the heavy load!

Peter