Re: Hiding on Facebook and JAWS

Brad Martin

The answer is that I could do it last week. Tonight when I tried to verify my instructions to you, I could no longer do it. I know I did it last week, because I had accidentally turned on another feature in the same menu, and I finally got it turned off. For what it's worth, I'll tell you how I used to do it, and you can give it a shot.

1. Bring up the person's profile on Facebook.

2. Use Control f with JAWS to bring up the JAWS Find dialog. Search for the word friend
3. You may have to arrow down a line, but you should hear "add friend menu" followed by "friendfriends menu". Press spacebar on FriendFriends menu, and you'll have several options:
The first one for me is "get notifications". If you check that option, you'll get notified of every post that friend makes as a notification.
The second used to be Settings I think, where you could choose whether to receive all updates, most updates, only important updates, or none. That option is gone tonight for me, but this is Facebook; it might come back tomorrow.

Note: You cannot do this in Facebook mobile. You must use the full Facebook to even have a shot at this.

I don't know if that helps you, but good luck.

Brad

On 12/13/2013 8:15 PM, Jim Portillo wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to see if I can hide someone from my newsfeed on Facebook without
completely unfriending them. Is this possible, and if so, how? I am trying
to use JAWS and Internet Explorer.

Thanks.

Jim