From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Allison
Nastoff
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:09 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Laptop purchasing advice

Hello everyone,
I have been using JAWS with windows XP for 5 years and have had very few
issues. But since support for windows xp is ending soon and I am going back
to school, I am looking to buy a Windows 7 laptop. But all of the resources
I have read on freedomscientific.com and other sites are kind of vague about
the system requirements needed for JAWS, especially with regard to processor
speed. I am not a tech expert, so all of the jargon overwhelms me. Five
years ago, I worked with DVR who purchased my laptop through a vendor, but
this time since I have some money from a temp job, I thought it would be fun
to pick out my own laptop. Little did I know how overwhelming this would be.
So I am wondering if anyone who uses a windows 7 laptop and is happy with it
could give me specific recommendations on exactly which brands (Dell, Lenovo
HP etc) you have found to be the most blind-friendly in your opinion, and
exactly what specifications you have found to work best.
Thank you so much in advance for any input you can offer.
Allison Nastoff