From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my comfort
try to remedy that situation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anders Boholdt-Petersen"
<english_correspondences@...>
To: <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:23
Subject: [Bulk] RE: Accessible software with JAWS there can read
informationabout wireless network

Hi again, and very thanks for your solution.

Now I can see the icon for my wireless network in the system tray. But when
I unfortunately take a look on the properties, I only can see that the
signal strength is excellent, not how many strokes you have.

Next to the icon for the wireless network, sighted people can see how many
strokes (1 to 5) the wireless network's signal strength is. Normaly
producers of wireless network's refer to this strokes for information about
the signal strength.

It is posible for JAWS-users to see the strokes?

Very thanks.

Regards,
Anders
--- "David" Wrote ---
Hello there;

Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try;

Putting icons back into the SystemTray.

Here are some steps I wrote quite a while ago, regarding this topic to
another list.

try these steps to get your network icon back into the system tray.

1, start menu;

2, setting/control panel;

3, t= taskbar and start menu, press enter.
If your using Xp, you just need to tab until you hear,
hide inactive icons, the box should be unchecked, so press spacebar to check

this box.
you will now see customize dialog button. The next 3 steps are for vista
users.
4, shift tab one time, you should hear,
taskbar tab.
5, right arrow until you hear;
Notification area tab.
6, tab one time you should hear;
Hide inactive icons this is unchecked, press spacebar to check.
7, tab enter on,
Icons customize....
8, now, down arrow until you hear,
Network connection,
right arrow, a combo box will open,
down arrow to show.
9, now tab, and enter on okay.

this should get your icon back into the system tray.