From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Gary King
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 5:45 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Playing old DVD movies

Adam,
I think that Windows Media Player and the mirror driver used by screen
readers such as JAWS have a conflict. I discovered the same problem a
couple of years ago when I purchased "It's A Wonderful Life" on DVD so I
didn't have to hear all of those commercials that NBC interrupts the movie
with every year.

I can get around the problem in 2 ways. I can either use a screen reader
such as NVDA that doesn't use a mirror driver, or I can play the movie with
another player such as Power DVD 9, which came with my computer, or Media
Player Classic Home Cinema which I found with a Google search.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net