Re: Playing old DVD movies

northstar1950@...

he can also try using vlc media player, that may work.

Legend has it that on Sunday 12/1/2013 04:45 PM, Gary King said:
Adam,
I think that Windows Media Player and the mirror driver used by screen readers such as JAWS have a conflict. I discovered the same problem a couple of years ago when I purchased "It's A Wonderful Life" on DVD so I didn't have to hear all of those commercials that NBC interrupts the movie with every year.

I can get around the problem in 2 ways. I can either use a screen reader such as NVDA that doesn't use a mirror driver, or I can play the movie with another player such as Power DVD 9, which came with my computer, or Media Player Classic Home Cinema which I found with a Google search.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Slotkowski" <aslotkowski@gmail.com>
To: "Jaws for Windows" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 3:08 PM
Subject: Playing old DVD movies

Hello,

I am using JAWS 15 on a Windows 7 computer and my DVD will not play
older movies. Windows Media Player will start the DVD and then give a
lengthy message telling me that the DVD is analog copied protected.

Is the format of older DVD's non accessible with my 3 year old
computer's configuration? Is there software and / or hardware which
would allow the DVD drive to play older movies on my computer?

Thank you - Adam

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!