Re: With Win7 pro do I need a pro version of JFW ?

cecropia64

Yeah, and Freedom Scientific usually won't tell you that you need another license to run Windows pro versions until after you ask. Personally, I think it's a scam. Most other programs out there don't give a "BEEP" if you're using a pro version of windows or not. That's just not fair to the user. Considering the fact that the license is the only real difference. I know, the pro version works with more versions of Windows, but they do this on purpose. Not right!

Stewart

On 11/23/2013 7:32 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
Garry:

I wonder, when mike purchased his JAWS license, whether someone at FS inadvertantly gave him a Professional license instead of a standard license, because, in the JAWS ABout dialog window, It does not tell you whether you are using a Standard or Professional version of JAWS.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@bellsouth.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: With Win7 pro do I need a pro version of JFW ?

Mike,
If you are running the standard version of JAWS with Pro versions of Windows, there is obviously a bug in the authorization scheme used by FS. I'm sure you have informed FS about this bug so that they can correct the problem and supply you with the proper version of JAWS. Of course, you will be charged a modest fee to upgrade to JAWS Pro plus the increased cost of an SMA. I'm sure you'll feel much better once you are paying through the nose like other JAWS Pro users!

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Boyd" <mikeboyd61@outlook.com>