Re: With Win7 pro do I need a pro version of JFW ?

cecropia64

Let's hope that is the case because I kind of had sticker shock after this happened. I was ignorant enough to not realize that the only difference between the versions is the license. Freedom doesn't tell you this and they get you good. Oh well, now I'm prepared for just about anything. Especially since I just upgraded to jaws 15.0. Thanks for making me feel alittle better. I didn't think I was going nuts when that other guy said one didn't need pro to run under windows pro.

On 11/22/2013 9:23 PM, Gary King wrote:
I'm sure that most JAWS Pro users think they are suffering that particular indignity anyway. However, you said in your message that JAWS 9 Standard wouldn't run with XP Pro. Since this is the correct JAWS behavior, the authorization scheme was working properly at that time. If a bug has developed in the authorization that allows JAWS Standard to work with Pro versions of Windows, I'm sure that FS will squash it quickly. They love all that JAWS Pro money rolling in.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message ----- From: <cecropia64@att.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: With Win7 pro do I need a pro version of JFW ?

Well, that's news to me because jaws 9 wouldn't run with windows xp pro. Freedom made me upgrade to a pro license in order to get it to run. Did I get screwed by them, maybe yes and maybe no.
On 11/22/2013 5:10 PM, Michael Boyd wrote:

Sorry, but I have ran the standard versions of JAWS with Windows 7 Pro Since Windows 7 came out, and I now am running Windows 8.1 Pro with JAWS 14 Standard. It works great.

HTH,
Mike