Re: With Win7 pro do I need a pro version of JFW ?

cecropia64

Well, that's news to me because jaws 9 wouldn't run with windows xp pro. Freedom made me upgrade to a pro license in order to get it to run. Did I get screwed by them, maybe yes and maybe no.

On 11/22/2013 5:10 PM, Michael Boyd wrote:

Sorry, but I have ran the standard versions of JAWS with Windows 7 Pro Since Windows 7 came out, and I now am running Windows 8.1 Pro with JAWS 14 Standard. It works great.

HTH,
Mike

From: <cecropia64@att.net>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 10:56 AM
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: Re: With Win7 pro do I need a pro version of JFW ?

No, you're going to have to upgrade to jaws pro. Sorry, but I had the same issue. You can run anything with jaws pro but you can only run the home editions of windows with jaws basic.
On 11/22/2013 11:33 AM, Marion Woods wrote:
Hi all have been offered a new PC with Win7 Pro installed, do I need to use a Pro version of the JFW13 or can I use the standard version that I have at the moment?

Marion

Regards,
Michael Boyd
mikeboyd61@outlook.com