From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@...>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:46 AM
Subject: RE: upgrading jaws from 7 to 12

Check with FS in the morning, but I suspect your friend would be asked to
pay full price. I suggest waiting for the release of JAWS 13, which I
believe is anticipated in November. This way if your friend bought an SMA at
the same time, s/he would be eligible to upgrade to JAWS 14 without
additional charge. In addition, many listers have reported flaws in JAWS 12,
possibly because it is more directed to Windows 7 than XP. I'm assuming
someone using JAWS 7 hasn't yet switched to Windows 7. I still use XP Pro,
and the warnings on this list have convinced me to stay with JAWS 11, even
though my SMA entitles me to JAWS 12.