Re: Transferring Alt Control J shortcut from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12

Adrian Spratt

Tom,

I think you participated in a long-ago debate over how to get the JAWS
shortcut, as well as others, to stick. I believe my last shortcut trauma
involved Notepad. As you suggest here, I had to delete any alt-control-n
shortcuts in both the desktop and the programs menu for my intended
alt-control-n shortcut to take effect for Notepad, which now works
flawlessly.

Another note from my last experience of setting a JAWS shortcut. Following
FS's specific instructions, I stopped tabbing from the shortcut choice edit
field to the apply button. Instead, all I do now is tab to that edit field,
type (for example) j, and then press enter. To make sure, I then reboot. So
long as alt-control-j hasn't been assigned elsewhere, the shortcut takes
every time.

Some listers report needing to tab to apply and then to okay. For whatever
reason, we all appear to have different shortcut experiences.