From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ed Marquette
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 8:47 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: JAWS 15 Beta

Dave:
This is technically not responsive. I've installed the JFW 15 Beta on my
Windows 8 UltraBook. Interestingly, it is the same model used by several of
the Freedom Scientific employees.
My results with two different installations were discouraging.
Although the touch gestures worked pretty well, there was a fundamental
flaw.
Shutdown of the computer produced a really strange error -- one that I
believe was transmitted to Freedom Scientific through the error reporting
system.
It locked up JAWS and prevented a shutdown. The system just hung there.
When a sighted user clicked through the error messages, the computer finally
shut down; however, when I started it again, the entirety of the Beta
installation vanished. It was like JAWS
15 self-destructed.
Initially, I didn't believe what happened -- even though I was a witness.
Two weeks later, I tried the again to install JAWS 15. The Ava voice (the
sexy one) was already present. So, that wasn't uninstalled.
Well, the same exact thing happened.
Maybe I could imagine this once, but not twice.