From: Farfar on Laptop
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: Transferring Alt Control J shortcut from Jaws 11
toJaws 12

Mike,

Not quite.

Checking the "Start JAWS automatically" just ensure that JAWS will start
up
on boot of the computer.

When installing a new version (say from 11 to 12) a shortcut will be added
to the desktop with the version number (e.g. JAWS 12) and it may or may
not
have the Ctrl+alt+J keystroke assigned.

If you have more than one major version of JAWS (9, 10, 11, 12) you could
end up with a desktop shortcut for each, and usually the first one with
the
hotkey.

Users like Tom need to edit the shortcut preferences for the old version
and
the new to ensure that only one has the hotkey assigned.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630, currently not nearly close enough for my
comfort
try to remedy that situation.