From: "Chris Smart" <@ve3rwj>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: Transferring Alt Control J shortcut from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12

transfer it?
Well, hit alt+enter on the Jaws 11 icon on your desktop, tab until you're in the shortcut key hotkey field and delete it. Then bring up the same properties for the Jaws 12 icon with alt+enter and input the hotkey you want to use to launch it, ctrl+alt+enter for example.
Personally, I have a hotkey for either so I can load 11 for some tasks and 12 for others.
At 03:17 AM 8/20/2011, you wrote:
Hi, again.

I just thought of one more question here.

What is the best way to transfer the Alt Control J shortcut to Jaws 12 from Jaws 11, when doing the upgrade process?

I seem to recall having a problem with this once before in earlier upgrades, and can't remember how to resolve it.

All I remember is that I had great difficulty transferring the shortcut over to the new version of Jaws from the earlier version.

I would have thought that the "merge utilities" function would have taken care of this, but it didn't in my earlier upgrade efforts.

Thanks for putting up with all my questions lately.

Tom in Michigan