Hi again everyone,
Yes, my friend told me that he thought the pc would run faster if I put Jaws on a hard drive, but I've never done that before, and I've never had a problem having it on my computer before, and using it. So I just didn't know if it was necessary to do or not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 15, 2013, at 7:11 PM, "James Homuth" <james@...> wrote:

Maybe. But that doesn't require the program itself to be on an drive, external which is what I got the impression the origional poster was asking.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Feliciano G
Sent: October 15, 2013 7:08 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Putting Jaws on an external hard drive

Maybe he wants to seperate jaws and data from the OS to be better off in the
future?

Sent from my iPhone
www.facebook.com/groups/vitechtalkandmore

On Oct 15, 2013, at 3:55 PM, "James Homuth" <james@...> wrote:

If there's any performance difference with running JAWS off an
external hard drive, it would be slower on account of you're loading
it via USB. Once it's loaded, however, JAWS's performance like any
other program will depend entirely on available memory and processor
speed. So really, I'm not sure what would be accomplished running JAWS
off an external HD. Of note, there is a version of JAWS explicitly
designed to run off a thumb drive, but again aside from it being
portable should you 1: need to use it on multiple systems and 2: have
access to a dongle for authorization, I'm not seeing where you'd get any
kind of a performance increase when doing so.