From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Feliciano G
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:10 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Anyone know what's wrong with JAWS and YouTube?

I heard there is a fix when you use an VDA what you do is load up the
YouTube window click on the expand section and on mute or should I say on
the section where it says a new you hit enter and hit the up arrow button
until the volume js good enough. Will get exact directions later.

Sent from my iPhone
www.facebook.com/groups/vitechtalkandmore

On Oct 6, 2013, at 4:01 PM, "Charles Coe" <charlesmar@comcast.net> wrote:

Hello,
I have been having the same problem with YouTube not playing the sound
when the YouTube page has been brought up, I have tried the
instructions given below and they did not work. However, my son
maximized the screen and was able to turn up the volume that way. This
problem with YouTube has recently come up,, I would appreciate any
assistance with this matter.

Thanks,

Charles

From: Gerald Levy
Okay, people, if you are using JAWS, here's how to unmute the Youtube
audio and increase the volume to a comfortable listening level:

1. Load the Youtube page containing the video you want to listen to.
2. Turn off the virtual cursor by pressing JAWS key-Z.
3. Starting from the top of the page, tab repeatedly until you reach
the unmute button. This will require a lot of tabbing until you
finally land on it.

4. Once you are on the unmute button, press the space bar and the then
press the up arrow key repeatedly to increase the audio volume to the
desired level.
Finally, press JAWS key-Z again to turn the virtual cursor back on.

I tried these steps myself, and they worked for me.

Gerald

Take care.
Mike
Global warming? Most likely caused from hot air generated by politicians!