From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Marvin Hunkin
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 6:55 AM
To: jfw@...
Subject: jaws 15

hi.
well.
decided to road test jaws 15, in the virtual machine, using vmware work
station 10.
well.
windows narrator, seems a half decent screen access solution.
and the nice voices.
except, the volume was low, then high in some spots.
and was able to install all updates, then install jaws 15.
and guess what.
when i installed all the windows updates, and then rebootted.
then i was able to hear the text route jaws to pc, and able to hear my
serial number, able to hear insert tab, the version of jaws.
same when i was trying to set up my network, and heard the message, about
the create home group, etc.
so.
also went to the toshiba site, and you click a button to see if your pc is
upgradeable to windows 8.
and mine is, even though the model is not in the list of laptops.
that was the main problem, when i tried about 12 months ago with jaws 13,
and then jaws 14.
but, this seems to fix it.
was able to connect to the internet, but when i tried to authorisze my jaws,
took forever to connect to the freedom scientific ftp server, and then said
it could not connect.
so.
maybe my serial number is no good, and will be upgrading the sma, for jaws
15.
and road testing, jaws 15 on my windows 7 machine.
so will just go and get the windows 8 automated kit.
and got the legal version of windows 8, from http://www.dreamspark.com, as a
it student, and a member of the Microsoft Sodftware Development Academy
Alliance, where as i am a student of wsi online at
http://wsi.tafensw.edu.au, able to legally download software.
and have done so with windows 7, windows 8, visual studio 2012, project
2012 .
marvin.

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...