From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:13 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: re: JAWS 15 - let's Debate XP to Windows 7 or 8

Hi Dave,
Windows 7 will still be supported until 2020 (at least long-term
support), so you'll be fine with it. Windows 8.1 corrects some
of the "mistakes" that Microsoft has made in 8.0 (at least visual
and usability wise), so for those who'd like to taste Windows 8's
modern interface might wans to wait until October. Also, unless
you need to work with older devices, I'd suggest using 64-bit
Windows 7 (Home Premium is fine for most users unless you want
all features, for which Ultimate is useful; Professional is good
for business and power users as well as those who're part of
domains).
Cheers,
Joseph