Re: read column titles

Russell Solowoniuk

Glad I could mullify you! :)

On 2013-08-29, at 12:20 PM, Jean <jemenzies@shaw.ca> wrote:

Russell,

I did contact the Rock My Run people and explained the problem. They said that they werent aware that their site had accessibility problems, and thanked me for letting them know. Then they said they were a small outfit with not many resources, but would try and fix the problem. I have no idea what all that really means. No improvement yet. But I'm mullified to know that you couldn't find the download either. lol. They have an app for the iPhone that is at least usable. Still not the same as accessing the downloads, but the app does work. I might be wrong, but I'm thinking you can stream any playlist on the app. I haven't spent a lot of time with it, though, as it is a bit tedious to sort.

Jean

-----Original Message----- From: Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:02 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: read column titles

I'm glad that worked for you! I also registered for a Rock My Run account to see if I could figure out how to find the download button for the free playlist, but, didn't have any luck. Did you find anything out about that yet?

Take care.

Russell
On 2013-08-27, at 8:37 PM, Jean <jemenzies@shaw.ca> wrote:

Russell,

Thanks. That's exactly what I was trying to figure out. It worked.

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:20 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: read coumn titles

Hi Jean,

I'm not sure if the keystroke to set the row containing the column headings has changed in Excel 2013, but, give this a try… it works in Excel 2010 using Jaws 14…

1. Move the cursor to the row containing the column headings.
2. Press Insert, Alt, CTRL, C. This should set that row as the row containing column titles, and, Jaws should read these titles as you move from column to column.

I know, the keystroke is a bit tricky to perform, but, it can be done! :)

Good luck.

Russell
On 2013-08-16, at 10:20 AM, Jean <jemenzies@shaw.ca> wrote:

Using Jaws 14 and Excel 2013.

How do I get Jaws to read column titles as I tab across rows? I don’t understand the Jaws descriptions of the reading options. It seemed much simpler in earlier versions of Jaws, but I can’t get it to work now. What do I need to define or set?

Jean