Problem with Some Microsoft Office Programs and JAWS

dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>

Hello all.

I have an authorized version of JAWS 10, a demo version of JAWS 14 and
Microsoft Office 2007, all on a machine running XP Home Service Pack 3. I
am unable to start Excel and Word with either version of JAWS running. I
can, however, start them with two other screen readers. I've tried to find
a repair option both within JAWS and by using the downloaded exe file
without success. I have also run the Microsoft Office 2007 diagnostics
which found no problems. I've even tried running the fix it solution for
Microsoft Word from its web site. I'm told my system is incompatible with
the software.

I would appreciate any other thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

Dan