Re: Correction:

Lee Maschmeyer

While we're ruminating about ancient history it might not be amiss to remark on the terrible stupidity often evidenced by blind people raised on speech. It's downright embarrassing sometimes. I even had somebody argue with me about how to spell the word "yeah." So anybody with kids in school, have them, force them to if necessary, read lots of books in braille. It's slower than speech but it gives you a chance to learn by unconscious observation. I know the modern trend in what passes for education is to pay attention to the ideas, not the writing. In my mind that ain't education.

And for goodness sake make sure they use a spell checker on _everything_. Not only does it catch spelling mistakes but it catches most typing mistakes as well.

Just the grouses of an old man? Caveat ignorer.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll