Re: Focus 40 Blue for JAWS

Lee Maschmeyer

I don't think I follow you-- if you type a paper conventionally,
how do you review / edit it?
You don't. you write your paper in braille first, then when it's ready you type it for the teacher. (SIGH! Modern kids are SO soft! <grin> )

Back in the mid-fifties nobody had talking appliances, refreshable braille, anything. They didn't exist and were basically undreamed of. We just did what we had to do.

We had a whopping three or four books to choose from for leisure reading. Maybe a few more than that but I'm sure not as many as twenty. I remember my middle school science teacher teasing me because I was reading a dumb teenybopper girls' book because that was the only thing available in our braille room. We could order books from Library of Congress, but not at school. (I went to the Detroit public schools, not a residential school.)

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll