Re: File Conversion

Lee Maschmeyer

Hi Ted,

If you know how to use Unix systems you can use pdftohtml under Cygwin. Cygwin is a very nice Unix (mostly Linux) environment that runs under Windows. It's significantly slower than real Linux but given appropriately sized tasks does a reasonably good job. I use it all day every day to read Web-Braille books via Bash scripts I wrote for the purpose. I also use the "diff" program to maintain the contents of my thumb drive so I have a backup of important files.

The learning curve for getting started with Linux is quite steep, and for Cygwin is a bit steeper; but it's worth it imho.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll