(Sorry for the subject line post)

I am new to this listserve and have a dilemma. My dad is 72 and completely blind. He is not or never has been tech savy.... Meaning he has never been on-line, used the internet, email or anything else having to do with a computer!!! He now has decided that he wants to get "connected" so he bought a HP with windows 8 and had the"type to learn" program downloaded. He has spent the past 6 months learning the keyboard and has done well...Now he want's to get started and purchase JAWS. but he is finding out by talking to other JAWS users that Windows 8 is not very compatible with JAWS soooo he is not sure what to do at this point. IS JAWS 14 going to work with Windows 8...especially for someone that is computer illiterate? Keep in mind he has no idea how Windows 7 is different from windows 8 to begin with. Should he get a laptop that already works well with windows 7 thats seems to get better reviews with JAWS users ? All he keeps hearing isWindows 8 and JAWS 14 have so many problems. He is really motivated to move forward with this and I hate to see him lose his interest when he has come so far with learning the keyboard. Any suggestions or comments would be veryhelpful. Thanks so much!!!! Laurie

Sent from Laurie's iPhone

On Jul 11, 2013, at 8:45 PM, "Mike B." <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Would you please resend your message to the list but, please put the message
in the edit / message field & not in the subject field? Please use the
subject field to put a brief explanation as to what the messaage pertains
to, & your questions in the edit / message field. It will make your post a
whole lot easier to read & comprehend, & therefore getting back better
answers to your questions.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
From: Laurie Cremmen
To: jfw@...
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:34 PM
Subject: I am new to this listserve and have a dilemma. My dad is 72
andcompletely blind. He is not or never has been tech savy. He now
hasdecidedthat he wants to get "connected" so he bought a HP with windows 8
andhad the"type to learn" program downloaded. He has spent the past 6
monthslearningthe keyboard and has done well...Now he want's to get started
with JAWSandis finding out by talking to other JAWS users that Windows * is
notverycompatible with JAWS soooo he is not sure what to do at this point.
ISJAWS 14 going to work with Windows ? Keep in mind he has no idea how
awindows 7is different from windows 8 to begin with. Should he get a laptop
thathaswindows& and get the earlier version of JAWS? All he keeps hearing
isWindows* and JAWS 14 have so many problems. He is really motivated to