Re: Locating the folder where an MS word document is stored

Ann Byrne

Have you tried the search with Windows-e, then control-f? Type in the search term and press enter, then tab three or four times for the results. You can serch by first letter that way, and when you find your item, insert-up arrow will read it's location.

At 01:49 PM 7/3/2013, you wrote:
I organize my Word files into many folders. Today I couldn't recall where I'd stored a particular file, so I searched for it with the Win7 start field. It came up, and I was able to open it. However, I couldn't determine its location, at the start menu or during Word's process of saving it.

Any suggestions?