JAWS glitch with outlook express

Mario

hi all listers, when in outlook express and I open an email to read it, I
can't select an entire line or word and hear it announced for copying,
moving or deleting. just navigating through the message by word works okay.
I also can't tap the control+home key to zip to the top and review something
in the beginning of a message, although the up arrow works. . Also I can't
press the ESC key to close a message, it keeps saying "virtual cursor".
what do you guys/gals think?