Re: Disable keyboard shortcut in specific application

Jack Vanlightly

Hi guys,
This all sounds very promising. I have now crossed my technical knowledge boundary and am now in this all sounds quite confusing and scary land.

What learning materials should I read so that I might understand these things? I am pretty new to screenreaders but I am a programmer so not too worried about complexity. Just not sure where to go to get the knowledge.

Many thanks
Jack

On 6/6/2013 2:02 PM, Artur Räpp wrote:
Hello!

I am not sure can you to do that in keyboard manager but

you can manually add something similar to the application .jkm file

Alt+Control+RightArrow=

or

Control+C=

that is keystroce and equal sing and nothing after that

Alternatively you can add following script to the application script file

Script ignoreJAWSCommand ()

TypeCurrentScriptKey ()

EndScript

Compile (ctrl+s) and then assign your keystroces to the script.

With best wishes

Artur

Sent from Windows 8

Saatja: Jack Vanlightly
Saadetud: ‎neljapäev‎, ‎6‎. ‎juuni‎ ‎2013 ‎1‎:‎48
Adressaat: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Hi Mike,

That is close, but rather than take an application specific shortcut and
turn it off. I need to take a global shortcut and turnit off in one
specific application. Can the keyboard manager do that? I haven't dared
do anything in the keyboard manager before.

Basically I am looking into using iTunes without BlindTunes and the only
thing that I cannot do quite trivially is skip forwards and backwards
through a track. The iTunes shortcut is Control AT Left/Right Arrow
which conflicts with Jaws HTML table navigation.
So I want to be able to tell Jaws to ignore that keyboard shortcut while
in iTunes.
Granted pressing Insert 3 first allows me to use it but this makes for
alot of key presses to skip an ad in a podcast.
Note that I am a BlindTunes user normally. It's a great script, I'm just
looking into how to use iTunes scriptless.
Cheers
Jack

On 6/5/2013 10:24 PM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
In fact, I'd back up the entire file; that's the surest way I've found to revert.