How can i add the add-on to firefox?

David Ingram

Hi, i'd like to know how can I add the add-on to Firefox? I should have asked first how can we get this add-on, after that how do we add this add-on to Firefox? Thank you for any information that you might have.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doris and Chris" <chipmunks@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: Updating Firefox

Of course there is: Go to the update tab in the advanced options.

However, there might be a way to get your add-ons to work and still have the added security of keeping your firefox current, which really is the purpose of staying current with FF.

Search for an add-on called the "add-on compatibility reporter" and install it. It is a tool meant to tell Mozilla if and whihc add-ons work with which firefox version. As a side benefit, the add-on compatibility reporter" allows most add-ons to work with newer versions of firefox also.

Finally, since there have been some problems with accessibility in the most recent versions of Firefox, I would personally recommend you use the "Extended Support release" of firefox instead. This is meant for the business and large company environment which does not need and may not want the latest bells and whistles all the time but still wants and needs security updates. The extended support release of FF really works like FF used to without the recent breakneck speed of cranking out updates that sometimes leaves concern for compatibility behind.

I origianlly began using the Extended Support re release of FF because I ran a legacy operating system but It has also protected me ofnasty accessibility surprises in a few cases.

you get the extended support release at

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html

Finally, you may want to do a custom install and uncheck the option to have the "maintenance service" installed so you have no update pushed onto you silently.

hth

Doris

At 08:13 PM 6/4/2013 -0500, you wrote:
every now and then I'm prompted to update Firefox, but if I do so I'm warned about plugin incompatibility. I keep having to go into Downloads and reinstall my favorite Firefox version. Is there a way to turn off automatic updating of Firefox? Thanks.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308