Re: Scanning software

Ariel

Hi George,
Yes. They will definitely help. I have already looked into it, and things will be fine when I do transfer next year. This past year was a bit messy because I just rushed into college. So, I ended up taking classes with this dude, who does not believe in technology. Let's just say that he is old school. However, I still manage to have my assignments in a way that I could accomplish it. I did use Openbook, DocuScan and Kurzweil, but I didn't like how they worked, so now I am just asking questions about both Abby Fine Reader and Omnipage Pro. They seem affordable enough, so I might buy them in the near future. As I explained before, the software I currently use, it's property of my current college, so it will have to stay when I transfer. Thus, the interest in scanning software. Anyway, thanks for all who have helped in this discussion,

On 6/3/2013 6:27 PM, George B wrote:
Well you should take a look and ask questions if you are going to M I T,
with all their tech they should be able to send you all your work
electronically.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ariel
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 11:58
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Scanning software

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the advice. I am well aware of that. The reason why I am
considering purchasing Abby Fine Reader or Omnipage Pro is because I am
hopefully transfering to MIT, and I will no longer have Kurzweil since
it belongs to my current college. All you said is true. I appreciate
it.
I have used several Scanning programs and I know what you mean. Also,
the price of both programs is quite affordable. Thanks,
On 6/3/2013 12:13 PM, Dave Durber wrote:
Ariel:

Do not run away with the idea, that there is an OCR program out
there,
which wil produce 100% accuracy, 100% of the time, because if you do,
you will be very disappointed.

The quality and accuracy of the print; the quality of the paper,
especially, how much filler does it contain, are two of the main
factors which determine the accuracy of the eventual output.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

---- Original Message ----- From: "Ariel"