Re: Outlook express with Jaws 14 for a friend

Onwardbob

I came across the following post, and perhaps it would help with this
problem.

Hi got some info from Google. This is long winded. However I hope this all
helps. I've seen this problem when xp was our all time operating system.
Here goes!

Mozilla Thunderbird <http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbird/> ... all
can be affected. It is usually not the email client's fault but a matter of
the association that links hyperlinks to your browser broken or distorted in
some way.

Fortunately, you can usually restore this association. For a quick fix, try
changing your default browser and then restore your old favorite. Sometimes
this is all that is needed.

More thorough and, thus, more fun is the following approach, though.

Make Links Work in Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Outlook and Any Other
Email Program

Windows Vista

To restore links in email programs using Windows Vista:

. Open the Windows menu.

. Type "default programs" (not including the quotation marks) under Start
Search.

. Click Default Programs under Programs.

. Now click Set your default programs.

. Highlight Internet Explorer under Programs.

. Click Set this program as default.

. Now click OK.

. Close the default programs window.

Of course, you can now choose a different browser from the same Programs
list and use Set this program as default to make it your default.

Windows 98/2000/XP

To make web pages open again when you click links in emails using Windows XP
and earlier:

. Make sure neither Outlook Express nor Internet Explorer are open.

. Select Control Panel from the Start menu.

. Click Internet Options.

. If you do not see Internet Options right away, click Network and Internet
Connections before.

. Go to the Programs tab.

. Make sure Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default
browser is checked.

. Click OK.

. Close Internet Explorer.

. Re-open Internet Explorer.

. Click Yes when asked Internet Explorer asks "Internet Explorer is not
currently your default browser. Would you like to make it your default
browser?"

. If Internet Explorer does not ask:

. Close Internet Explorer

. Select My Computer from the Start menu.

. Choose Tools | Folder Options... from the menu.

. Go to the File Types tab.

. Highlight (NONE) URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol.

. Click Advanced.

. Highlight open.

. Click Remove.

. Click Yes.

. Click OK.

. Now click Close.

. Start Internet Explorer.

. If you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, start it and make sure
it is the new default.

The above does not work? Try this:

. Now select Run... from the Start menu.

. Type "iexplore /rereg".

. Click OK.

Or, if that fails, continue with the following. Proceed very cautiously,
though.

. Select Run... from the Start menu.

. Type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll".

. Click OK.

. Click OK again.

. Repeat the Start | Run... procedure with the following commands in this
order, maybe checking after each for returning function:

. "regsvr32 shdocvw.dll"

. "regsvr32 mshtml.dll"

. "regsvr32 browseui.dll"

More Tips

.Outlook Tips <http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/>

.Most Popular Email Tips
<http://email.about.com/od/getthemostoutofemail/tp/top_tips.htm>

.All Email Tips <http://email.about.com/od/getthemostoutofemail/>

This tip is known to work with

.Outlook 2000/2/3/7 <http://email.about.com/od/outlook/>

.Outlook Express 5/6 <http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpress/>

.Windows Email Programs <http://email.about.com/od/windowsemailclients/>

Related Articles

.How to Make Outlook Your Default Email Program - About Email
<http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/How_to_Make_Outlook_Your_Default_E
mail_Program.htm>

.How To Disable Internet Explorer In Windows XP Using The Set Program
Access... <http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/ht/disableiedef.htm>

.How to Make Windows Live Hotmail Your Default Email Program - About Email
<http://email.about.com/od/windowslivehotmailtips/qt/How_to_Make_Windows_Liv
e_Hotmail_Your_Default_Email_Program.htm>

.How to Make Outlook Express Your Default Windows Email Program - About
Emai... <http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/qt/et_default_oe.htm>

.How to Make Windows Mail Your Default Windows Email Program - About Email
<http://email.about.com/od/windowsmailtips/qt/et_default_mail.htm>

<http://email.about.com/bio/Heinz-Tschabitscher-1215.htm> Heinz
Tschabitscher

From: blindwindows@... <mailto:blindwindows%40yahoogroups.com>