Re: Two questions. One, should I be using a desktop picture, and two, about not having a mouse.

paul lemm

Hi,

Although I'm not using windows 8 with jaws I have run xp, vista and currently windows 7 and don't use a mouse at all and can access everything using different jaws and windows keystrokes and have never had a problem. In fact the only thing I ever use a mouse for is one of the audio games I play where the mouse is used to move the character around.

Regards

Paul
fine. In fact I don't even have one plugged in and

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Cy Selfridge
Sent: 18 May 2013 22:23
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Two questions. One, should I be using a desktop picture, and two, about not having a mouse.

Alan,
When we were still sending smoke signals to and fro there was a thing called a "screen saver". This was because a fixed image could burn into the old TV and monitor screens so this screen saver changed the image in order to protect the TV type screens. At that time those screen savers did cause havoc with JAWS but I honestly can not remember how far back that was in JAWS versions.
I am not even sure it was on XP, might have been Win98.
That is the only problem which comes to mind.
Cy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Allen Childs
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:17 PM
To: JFW
Subject: Two questions. One, should I be using a desktop picture, and two, about not having a mouse.

Hi list,
I am using a Win 8 computer, JAWS 14. With a lot of help from Microsoft accessibility folks, I have everything running pretty smooth.
I do have a couple of questions. I am in a weather group, and my wife found a really neat picture for my desktop, showing different thunderstorms, and we had it set up to change scenes every thirty minutes. The person that I talked to at Microsoft’s accessibility didn't believe that having it on my desktop, would cause any problems, and it didn’t cause any.
But, after talking to someone at FS, they recommended not using it.
Do any of you have any thoughts, or does anyone use a desktop picture?
Also, what about using the computer without a mouse. How easy is it to get out of something without the mouse? Would it be possible with just the JAWS mouse? I hope I phrased that right.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Allen
Sent From America's Heartland

"You know you're a geek when... You try to shoo a fly away from the monitor with your cursor. That just happened to me. It was scary."

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20130518/ad40576d/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.