From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of
cecropia64@att.net
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 10:15 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Silverlight scripting and netflix possible

you've got one "Oh Yeah" from me. Go for it!
On 5/10/2013 4:18 PM, John Martyn wrote:
OK, I have had a look at the code and indeed it is possible to script
for a Netflix player to respond to controls. In Silverlight land, it
is possible to make Silverlight the browser plugin work for
applications as well. I don't know how long it would take, but the
Netflix interface seems pretty straight forward, so I'll start out with
Netflix first and then expand.
Anyone else want to use the Silverlight for something other than Netflix?

I have always wanted to control Netflix videos so I will build in the
following controls:

Play / Pause with the spacebar

Rewind and fast forward with control left and right arrows

Volume up and down with control up and down arrows

Stop playback with shift + space

Speak the currently playing movie and whatever information that it can
offer. I would probably put this information into the virtual viewer.
It might include actors, date released and more, I don't know how much
information is released to the page or the Silverlight player.

The time information IE current position and end times

I don't think subtitles will be possible but you never know. Speaking
that kind of information might be difficult or not possible.

If you want some more controls, let me know and I'll program it in.

This is going to start off simple with Silverlight. Eventually I will
build in support for Silverlight applications. That is going to take
some time though because I have to learn the language then translate
this to jaws script. There isn't going to be a beta for the Netflix
thing because this is so straight forward. The great part is you can
choose what browser you want to use.

Does this sound like something we would all be interested in?

Cheers,

John Martyn

www.DoItBlind.com