From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Tissot
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:16 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: does jaws work with windows 8.

I have tried NVDA but find the irritating and hard to understand and
the keystrikes a little little complex than I like. Also, I was able
to load the same Jaws disk without buyihng multiple copies to put onto
my laptop and desktop, one running 32 bit, the other 64 bit but both
Win. 8. I honestly had the Classic Shell installed but didn't know how
to use it. I tried reinstalling and wonder if I did it right, since
the normal tiles don't show up anymore when loading my desktop. do you
know what I mean? They only show up when I do certain files, but can'
can't nail down the specifics of how to access them when on this
desktop mode. Is this normal or is esthe tiles as before. Even the
serach search charm disappeared when trying to put Claasiic Classic
Shell on . IS this normal forfunctionality or did something bad happen
to my desktop?
Jen

On 5/1/13, rodney jackson <jackson_mr@...> wrote:
Jen or anyone else,
Have you tried the classic start for windows 8, so it works like win7?
On one of my computers I have windows 8 pro 64 bit and I installed it,
however on that computer I am not using jaws, can not afford to put jaws
on
all my machines.
So I am using NVDA on it and works well, was wondering if anyone has
tried
it with jaws
Rodney

From: rhonda cruz <rhondaprincess@...
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <Jfw@...
Date sent: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:14:07 -0700
Subject: does jaws work with windows 8.

hello does jaws work with windows 8.
lab top.
my rehab. services.
will get me a computer for work & home use.
but i'm wondering if jaws will work with a new lab top with
windows 8.
i've been a long time jaws user.
for many years now.

from rhonda.