Flash Player will not install without Java

Adrian Spratt

On the weekend, a lister alerted me that Nimite no longer supports the
updating of Adobe Flash Player. It is possible the website will still do so,
but only after you pay an annual subscription of $9.99. The website isn't
clear on this point.

The next day I got an alert that AFP needs to be updated. I went through the
installation process, which has become more accessible, only to be told the
installation was unsuccessful. The reason? Apparently it's because I removed
Java from my system after recommendations to do so from the government and
several experts.

Has anyone here solved this conundrum?