Re: issues with the control key being activated while I'm typing

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I don't know if it's a JAWS issue or not, but I haven't heard any sighted folks complain about it. Then again, I never thought to ask.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:15 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: issues with the control key being activated while I'm typing

And this is not a jaws issue or an accessibility issue (I'm not even sure it's a windows problem as such, but may be due to the choice of keyboard controller interface that was made long ago). it is simply something that happens. but I do know this happened to me occasionally long before I started needing even a screen magnifier.

And yes, tapping the stuck key several times will usually fix this.

On 4/10/13, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <Ted.Lisle@...> wrote:
Repeatedly tapping (banging?) the key will usually work. The next
step can be to kill JAWS and bring it back. Or, perhaps, lock the
screen and bring it back. I don't use that last one too much, but it can work.

Ted