Fw: Accessing Add-Ons In Firefox 4 Portable

douglas richard dexheimer

Perhaps I sent this to the wrong list; I was replying to a message dated before the list changed its address or domain.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
home phone 773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
To: jfw@freelists.org
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: Accessing Add-Ons In Firefox 4 Portable

This was asked two years ago but got no response. Recently I had this issue when I made a lot of configuration changes and mess up some settings related to plugins or add-ons. The only solution was to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, and hope it would help. Also I need further details on how to install plugins like Plain Old Favorites, Navigational Sounds, etc. Thanks.
P.S. Internet Explorer seems to misbehave (freeze, crash or prompt with an error report) on certain sites even when I open Ninite and select (check) Flash for other browsers. If I uninstall IE, where is the link to reinstall it?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
home phone 773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net
----- Original Message -----
To: JFW list
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 9:03 AM
Subject: Accessing Add-Ons In Firefox 4 Portable

I have Firefox 3.6.1.7 installed on my XP computer, and it seems to work fine with JAWS 9. But before I consider updating to Firefox 4.0, I installed the portable version of Firefox 4.0 to see how well it works with JAWS 9. Everything seems to work satisfactorally except for the Add-Ons submenu under Tools. I was able to successfully install the Navigational Sounds, Plain Old Favorites and Webvisum add-ons after I launched Firefox 4 portable for the first time. However, when I try to access the Add-Ons submenu under Tools, a page called Add-Ons Manager comes up, but there is no list box of installed add-ons (extensions) or any other menu options. Obviously, if the add-ons work, they must be listed somewhere, but they don't show up on the Add-Ons submenu like they do in the full version of Firefox 3.6. Has anyone else encountered this issue with Firefox 4? Or is there a compatibility problem with JAWS 9? Or are the Add-ons perhaps listed somewhere else where they can be accessed? Thanks.

Gerald

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20130331/b2b129a0/attachment.html>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.