Re: reading N Y Times articles

Bill Spiry

I use JAWS to read news on the web from time to time but find it is
limiting. The NY Times is paywalled online via my PC but interestingly, it's
not paywalled via mobil access.

If you use an iOS device, an app called "Earl" is another fully accessible
alternative for access to the New York Times and hundreds of other English
language newspapers and periodicals from around the world. The interface is
voice controlled and all the content is read to you using your choice of the
five very high quality TTS voices built into Earl. Just double-tap your
screen, listen for the tone, speak a few straightforward commands and Earl
will read articles you select from nearly 300 newspapers and periodicals,
without ever having to see the screen. Earl works equally well with or
without Voice Over since it uses it's own VUI and TTS system.

Find Earl in the app store at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/Earl/id573701016?ls=1&mt=8

you can find an extensive FAQ/user guide, demo and tutorial podcasts, and
other info about Earl at the home page:
www.EarlSpeech.com/

If you want to learn more about Earl, there are a couple of podcasts you can
check out.
First, a walk through demo on AppleVis.com:
http://www.applevis.com/sites/default/files/podcasts/applevisPodcast335.mp3

and an interview & demo on Blind Bargains from CSun 2013:
http://www.blindbargains.com/audio.php?m=8169

Contact Earl customer support any time with questions or feedback at:
support@...

Best

Bill