JAWS not saying "Star, Star" when typing passwords

Sameer

Dear List Members,

I am using JAWS 14 with Internet Explorer 8 & Windows XP as the OS.

I have noticed the following strange behaviour during the past couple of weeks & request suggestions from members about it's cause & solution.

1. Whenever I type passwords online, for example for logging into my email account, JAWS will stay silent. Previously, it used to announce "Star, Star" as I typed the passwords.
2. But if I turn on private browsing in Internet Explorer, JAWS says "Star, Star" when typing passwords on the same website.

This problem does not occur in Firefox.

Thanking all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India