From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Russell
Solowoniuk
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 20:47
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: How to resize columns and rows in Excel

What I do to widen the columns in Excel 2010 is to press CTRL +
spacebar to select the column I wish to widen, then press the
applications key and choose "Column width from the context menu, and
then type the size I wish the column to be.

HTH
]
Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!

On 2013-03-16, at 9:23 AM, Apoorv Kulkarni <apoorvkulkarni@...>
wrote:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know how to resize columns and rows in MS Excel.

When we enter text in a cell in Excel, at times the text overflows
out of
the cell. Depending on whether the adjacent cell has any text, the
overflowing text either is displayed or disappears behind the
contents of
the adjacent cell. In either of the two cases, JAWS will read the
complete
content of the text, and so, a JAWS user may not understand if the
text is
appearing properly on the screen. I wanted to know if there is any
way to
resize the column such that the cell is wide enough to display the
text
completely. At the same time, how does one know that the new size of
the
column is not excessively wide such that the worksheet appears poorly
formatted.

I am aware of the wrap text formatting option of Excel, and would
appreciate
if an alternative approach is suggested by the group.

Lastly, is there any way to resize the rows in this fashion too?

Regards,

Apoorv