Re: repairing hard disk errors

Ariel

Hi John,
It is a Slash.

On 3/14/2013 10:26 PM, John Martyn wrote:
Try this command in the run dialog:
Chkdsk /f
I think it is a slash but it might be a dash.
John Martyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abby Vincent
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 4:41 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: repairing hard disk errors

My computer seems to be running OK. However, I keep getting a message that
says Windows has detected a hard disk error. I am running carbonite, so
that should take care of backup.

The one program I know about is chkdsk/f. I had to run it as part of my
boot up. It doesn't give me a report. I just end up where I usually do,
and I'm still getting the same error message.

Does anyone know of a program I can use to try to find and correct whatever
problem, if any, I have? The famous Norton Disk Doctor is no more, and
there's a plethora of freeware.

Abby