Accessing text boxes in report forms

Tom Behler

Hi, everyone.

In my new position as a University Department Head, I have run into a problem that I don't know how to solve.

Many of the report forms that I need to prepare have text boxes, and I'm discovering that I can't read the text in those boxes.

As I arrow down through the form, my sighted assistant tells me that Jaws simply skips over the boxes, and goes onto the next numbered item. It's as if the text boxes aren't even there, even though they show up visually on the screen.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to deal with this problem?

At work, I am using Jaws 13 with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan