From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: Dragon and Jaws

For the most part jaws scripts are forward compatible (the reverse is
not true), have you tried using the jaws 8 scripts with your current
jaws?

On 2/28/13, Jean Menzies <jemenzies@shaw.ca> wrote:
I know this comes up regularly on this list, but here goes again.

I have an older copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking version 7 or 8, (I
forget
which) Preferred edition. I also have the old J-say Jaws scripts that
match
it but are limited to Jaws version 8. Obviously, I don't want to go back
Jaws 8 because of its inability to use IE 8, etc.

So, being somewhat cheap here, I want to reinstall Dragon and use it as is
because it worked well enough. But I want to use it with Jaws 13. I know I
can't transcfer the scripts, and I'm not intending on rebuying either
J-say
or Dragon to get a current version.

Long bit of background, but I do remember someone saying that it is
possible
to work with Dragon without J-say. I'm looking for that person or for any
helpful hints on setup to make it work well. I also have a 40-cell braille
display that would be helpful in this mix.

Jean