Re: Wordweb Dictionary

Robert Logue <bobcat11@...>

You might be able to fix that read only edit box in user verbosity. Use Jawskey+6 to get at all the options. Try setting to a more advanced verbosity first. If that doesn't fix it, modify the level you like. Uncheck control descriptionor control name.

Can't say for sure if this will work. The problem is that none of the other controls will be described.

I think this is a bug introduced in Jaws a while back with some kinds of edit boxes. Sometimes just reclassing the control helps.

I have this problem with Thunderbird but can't reclass the edit box alone.

I'll give Wordweb a try too soon and see what I can do.

On 2/13/2013 8:52 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
I'm re-posting to make the subject line relevant. Apologies for the
duplication.

Doris,

I took your advice and downloaded Wordweb. It is easy to understand and
navigate. It ought to meet my needs for an off-line dictionary. For me, and
others, it has only one problem that I've noticed so far, but it's a very
distracting one. Each time I open a definition, JAWS says, "Read only edit."
Each time I arrow down through the definition, I get the same verbalization:
"Read only edit. Read only edit."

Have you experienced this? If so, have you solved it?

I'm using Win7 with JAWS 14. I've tested a few options in the quick settings
dialog, but without success. I virtualized the definition window and
switched off the meddlesome graphics, but other random words entered into
the window and disrupted the flow.

So far, Wordweb is the best option, but I think "Read only edit" is going to
haunt my dreams and prevent me from taking advantage of it unless you or
someone else tells me how to make it go away.