Actually, I do use the arrow keys on the taskbar after winkey t. The reason it bugs me is because of my rsi, winkey+t is hard to press compared to winkey+tab.

I just unpinned a bunch of programs from the taskbar as I wasn't getting to them from there anyway. I want to see if only having running programs show up there is more useful. I pinned those programs to the start menu so that I still have their histories.

Bob

On 2/12/2013 9:59 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
I hope I'm not misreading this part of your post, but once you reach the
taskbar with Win key-t, you can right and left arrow between the items.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Robert Logue
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:11 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Alt-tab appears random in Win7

I also find the alt tab order in Windows 7 unpredictable.

Using windows key plus numbers helps I only wish they had numbered
items on the task bar.

They took away windows key tab and replaced it with Windows key t. It's
all a lot more difficult than in XP.
When you close something from the task bar, focus doesn't land on the
task bar either.

Bob

On 2/8/2013 8:51 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
With XP, I could predict in which application a press of alt-tab would
land
me. In essence, it was wherever I'd last been.

I'm finding in Win7 that there's no pattern. I could land in the previous
application or just about any other open window, including the desktop.

Similarly, if I go to the system tray and escape out of it, often as not I
end up in an application that is different from the one I was working in.

Has anyone else done a better job of detecting patterns? Is there, by any
chance, a solution?