From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Tissot
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:55 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Portable Gps

I haven't heard of Captain Mobility before. will have to look it up.

Trekker Breeze is strictly auditory but can't hook up to a Packmate as
you know. IT does give you which streets are in what direction and
more details if you set a route, and will redirect you if you go
off-route. IT's rather accurate and landmarks are excellent as far a
location goes while passing a particular place.

Unfortunately, it seems that everyone has the standard $700 or so when
it comes to the latest GPS. I had to save a llong time to get mine. Do
you have a Lion's Club where you can inquire about a grant? If you
give a good cause to why you need the device, they most often would be
happy to assist in the funds to get it for you. IT may take some
time--sometimes months before you hear back from them--but I have been
successful in obtaining a few adaptive pieces of tech from them. I
understand about thethe finantial cost. Very high for such rather
essential equipment for most of us.
Jen
On 2/11/13, Karen Hughes <khughes8@...> wrote:
I TOO WAS LOOKING AND TOLD BY MY ADVISOR THE cCAPTAIN WAS A POOR CHOICE.
GOOD LUCK, KAREN