From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Tissot
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:55 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Portable Gps

I haven't heard of Captain Mobility before. will have to look it up.

Trekker Breeze is strictly auditory but can't hook up to a Packmate as you
know. IT does give you which streets are in what direction and more details
if you set a route, and will redirect you if you go off-route. IT's rather
accurate and landmarks are excellent as far a location goes while passing a
particular place.

Unfortunately, it seems that everyone has the standard $700 or so when it
comes to the latest GPS. I had to save a llong time to get mine. Do you have
a Lion's Club where you can inquire about a grant? If you give a good cause
to why you need the device, they most often would be happy to assist in the
funds to get it for you. IT may take some time--sometimes months before you
hear back from them--but I have been successful in obtaining a few adaptive
pieces of tech from them. I understand about thethe finantial cost. Very
high for such rather essential equipment for most of us.
Jen
On 2/11/13, Karen Hughes <khughes8@...> wrote:
I TOO WAS LOOKING AND TOLD BY MY ADVISOR THE cCAPTAIN WAS A POOR CHOICE.
GOOD LUCK, KAREN