Re: Netflix Scripting from DoItBlind

Maria Campbell

But isn't this always the way?
The more we get the more we want.

On 12/1/2015 9:42 AM, Alex Stone wrote:
Surely it wouldn't kill your sighted companion to have to listen to the
audio description would it?

On 01/12/2015 15:40, Cristóbal wrote:
Along with the descriptive audio now being provided with Netflix
originals, this is much welcomed progress.
The one feature I would really like, is the ability to sync two
separate feeds for simultaneous viewing. I.E. if you and a sighted
companion or companions wish to watch something together, one feed
could be the normal one and the second feed could be the audio
described version. Throwing on some headphones like in the theatre and
still being able to enjoy a film or series with description with
privacy would be a major plus.
I guess the ideal solution would be some sort of iOS or other portable
set up with a mobile device or with bluetooth headphones, but I'd even
be happy with stringing some headphones to a laptop just to have this
ability. Even getting one of those cheapy Windows tablets and a
bluetooth headset for more flexibility could be an option.
I don't know if something like this could even be possible. I could
only imagine that access would need to be granted to the secondary
device's microphone. Similar to how iOS apps function.
I do recall reading a few months ago an article regarding a Chrome add
on that enabled the synchronizing of two Netflix feeds for family and
friends and long distance relationship viewing. It supposedly took out
the hassel of always trying to manually syncing feeds by counting down
and allowed folks to pause and rewind and fast forward seemlessly
without losing synchronization.
Anyway... one can hope.

From: John Martyn <johnrobertmartyn@...>
<mailto:johnrobertmartyn@...>
Date: 11/30/2015 8:29 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: NetflixScripting from DoItBlind

JAWS 17 has enhanced the ability to script websites, it becomes
clear that what I tried years ago is now possible with the Web
programming and UIA scripting. I plan to script netflix in the coming
month.
Cheers,
John Martyn
DoItBlind.comAs

On 11/30/2015 5:13 PM, Lisa-Maree wrote:

Hi all,

About Netflix and accessing the next season of TV shows.

If you, by using the normal left and right arrows on the
keyboard, sit on the letter S of where it states the line Season plus
its number, press enter, then arrow down, you will get to the episodes
of that season. There are work arounds, but if the screen reader
doesn’t say the obvious, they can’t be found. I have windows 10, jaws
17, and I tried this with IE11.

I can see the screen to a degree, and how the screen is
laid out to how jaws often reads it, does not always match.

Lisa-Maree