Re: The Kindle to computer app and Jaws 11

lynda Blake <lynda.blake85@...>

Thanks Lisa I just tried control R to see if it would let me use a different voice but no luck. I'll keep trying. Wonder if there is a way to convert Kindle books to Word documents? Lynda

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Larges" <llarges@...>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@...>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2013 4:36 PM
Subject: RE: The Kindle to computer app and Jaws 11

Hi Linda,
Yeah, the Kindle and JAWS don't play all that well together. Amazon has
designed it to work as with its own voicing. Below is the link to the list
of keyboard commands to use with the accessible kindle for pc.
JAWS will, however, read all the menus; alt f, predictably, will take you to
the file menu, for instance.
When I open kindle I often go to the library, by hitting alt G to get to the
"go" menu and then arrowing down to library.
Now JAWS will read the titles in your library. Entering will select that
title, and Control R will begin reading.
Use the Go menu again to move to table of contents, last position read, or
to search for a page number.

On the whole though, JAWS and Kindle are pretty clunky together.
Here's the Amazon help page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_pcland_pcaccess?n
odeId=200596280&pop-up=1